Problem-solving skills are one of the most important in the skill set of a contemporary professional, but making decisions based on the generated solutions can be even more challenging. Some people consider this decision-making process to be something that can be done intuitively; they prefer to rely on experience or intuition. Sometimes these problem-solving techniques work, but as a rule, such an approach is extremely unreliable. That’s why every decision-maker needs a clear guideline on how to approach problem-solving with self-confidence, and how to make better decisions.
Participants of this course learn how to tame creativity and use it to reveal new paths. They consider convergent and divergent thinking and consumer decision making the process. Our students learn how to explore and define problems to keep time and efforts for the most important issues, mastering the proven techniques of creative problem-solving. These techniques allow you to approach your problems with fresh solutions contributing to the effective decision-making process. At the end of the training, you will explore how to make decisions using modern tools, deal with ambiguity, and implement the best solutions.
Key decision-making and problem-solving skills you will attain after attending this course include the following:
- Learn about techniques that allow you to unleash your creativity
- Understand a structured way to approach creative problem-solving
- Master root cause analysis to help you define problems
- Practice divergent and convergent ideation techniques
- Learn how to deal with common problems based on decision-making examples
- Minimize possible errors in your day-to-day problem management
Who Should Attend
- New and experienced Business Executives
- Senior and Middle Managers
- Project managers
- HR Managers
- All professionals involved in problem-solving and decision making
- All individuals who want to become better at making decisions
What will you gain
- Completely rethink the way you address problem-solving
- Recognize that creativity is a skill and it can be developed
- Enable and embrace the inner source of creativity within you
- Learn techniques that will help you to understand the cause of the problem
- Practice brainstorming techniques and using mind maps
- Understand the framework of convergent ideation techniques
- Realize why you shouldn’t blindly rely on intuition when making a decision
- Know how to work with team-based or group decisions
- Learn how to overcome paralysis by analysis while making a decision
- Exercise various tools and techniques for evaluating solutions
- Implement a solution and know how to track and monitor its application
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|USD 3,400.-||USD 3,900.-||USD 4,400.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Effective Problem-Solving and Decision Making - 01 Mar 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Effective Problem-Solving and Decision Making - 31 May 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Effective Problem-Solving and Decision Making - 09 Aug 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Effective Problem-Solving and Decision Making - 04 Oct 2020 Dubai, UAE|
- Introduction to Creativity
- The process of creativity
- Creativity applies to all spheres of life, not just to art
- Common barriers to creativity
- Creativity vs. Innovation
- Introduction to Creative Problem-Solving
- Is creativity in problem-solving always necessary?
- Principles of creative problem-solving
- Divergent thinking
- Convergent thinking
- Frameworks for creative problem-solving
- Exploring and Defining Problems
- Understanding the cause
- How to be sure if this problem is real
- Root cause analysis
- Kepner-Tregoe process
- Pareto analysis
- Understanding systems
- Divergent Ideation Techniques
- Brainstorming Techniques
- Visual mapping techniques
- Using mind maps and fishbone diagrams
- Questioning Assumptions
- Context Mapping
- Convergent Ideation Techniques
- Pair & Share Technique
- How-How Diagrams
- PPCO Framework
- ALU Framework
- Solution Analysis
- Using Logic vs. Intuition
- Viewing solutions in multiple ways
- The process of narrowing down solutions
- Creating rating charts
- Conducting risk analysis
- Individual vs. team-based decisions
- Common Problems in decision-making and how to deal with them
- Cultural differences
- Quality of Data
- Accountability and transparency
- Making a Decision
- Styles of decision-making
- Understanding sensitivities
- Understanding paralysis by analysis
- How to deal with the ambiguity of outcomes
- Applying tools and techniques for evaluating solutions
- The Sunk Cost paradox
- Golden rules of decision-making
- Finalize decisions with the Decision Matrix
- Implementing the Solution
- Considering implementation in advance
- Planning and delegation
- Problem solved? – Tracking and evaluation
- Develop and review follow-up contingency actions
- Formulate an after-the-action review process
- Applying a risk assessment in decision-making
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|15 Dec - 19 Dec, 2019||5 Days|
|22 Dec - 26 Dec, 2019||5 Days|
|26 Jan - 30 Jan, 2020||5 Days|
|29 Mar - 2 Apr, 2020||5 Days|