It has been a while since the top companies in the world started to hire employees to work remotely because they realize how efficient it can be if implemented correctly. They set a new trend for the rest of the world. Now more and more companies understand that working remotely is not a temporary thing but a reality and all employees, including managers, need the right tools and techniques to succeed in the new environment.
The majority of managers understand how to organize remote work but they do it intuitively without fundamental, practical, and experience-based knowledge. In this course, managers will know how to establish a proper workflow within their teams based on scientific findings and proven techniques from the world's best companies. You will know the best tools for productive collaboration, communication, time and task management. You will explore the best strategies to deal with the challenges of remote work. Moreover, you will know more about your psychology and how to beat procrastination, deal with a lack of motivation and create an exceptional balance in your life while working remotely.
By attending this course you will be able to:
- Deal with all the challenges of remote working;
- Prepare yourself and your team to work remotely;
- Create a reliable plan for you and your employees to follow when working remotely;
- Use techniques to manage time, workload and projects;
- Measure and analyze the work of your employees from home;
- Deal with psychological and motivational issues within your team successfully;
Who Should Attend
- Managers of all levels
- Professionals who want to live a fulfilled life in a modern digitally-disrupted world
- Anyone who is planning to work and manage remotely
- Anyone who has already been managing people remotely but wants to know the best practices and tools
What will you gain
- Turn remote working into your secret managerial weapon
- Explore the main requirements for successful remote working
- Understand how to ensure that your team is ready for remote working
- Know what managers should do during video conference calls
- Protect your work and work of your employees from security threats
- Delegate and manage tasks among employees efficiently
- Set up your workplace to improve your productivity
- Develop a reliable action plan for successful remote working
- Create a productive and collaborative working environment
- Become technically aware of all modern tools for effective remote working
- Set clear expectations for your employees to ensure a positive remote working culture
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|Public Course (3 days)||USD 2,400.-||USD 2,800.-||USD 3,100.-|
|Live Online Training (3 days)||USD 1,550.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 02 Feb 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 07 Feb 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 16 May 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 23 May 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 15 Aug 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 22 Aug 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 07 Nov 2021 Dubai, UAE|
|Working and Managing Remotely - Fundamentals for Managers - 21 Nov 2021 Dubai, UAE|
- Working remotely: what is it?
- The workplace revolution
- The challenges of remote working for managers
- Dispelling the myths of remote working
- Communication and collaboration
- Why effective remote teams communicate more, not less
- How to communicate more effectively when you're working remotely
- Dealing with technical issues and ensuring that your team is prepared and equipped
- Communication tools
- Collaboration tools
- Project management tools
- Time management tools
- When to use specific tools
- Successful remote meetings
- When to reach out personally instead of group calls?
- Security tips for remote workers – protect yourself both online and offline
- Create a plan of action for staying in touch remotely
- Successfully Managing Teams
- Setting clear expectations with your employees
- Establishing rules of engagement suited to your team – making your schedules transparent
- How to include all team members
- Building rapport with remote colleagues
- Overcoming challenges of remote work as a manager
- Lack of face-to-face supervision
- Lack of access to information
- Lack of motivation
- Social isolation
- Embracing differences in your colleagues and employees
- Preventing and dealing with psychological issues
- Understanding and managing conflicts
- How to delegate tasks in the way they always will be done
- Measuring productivity and reviewing them on that work
- Building culture in your remote team
- Productivity and motivation
- The remote manager's set-up – arranging your workspace
- How to beat procrastination and get more done
- Getting Right attitude – how to be prepared psychologically for working remotely
- Improving self-control, self-awareness, and self-motivation
- Creating your personal to-don't list
- Set your remote working goals
- Boundaries and balance
- What's the right working environment for you?
- Dealing with online distractions
- Setting boundaries with family - How to cope when everyone's working from home
- Tips for working from home with a partner/housemates
- Tips for working from home with children
- Morning and Evening rituals
- Taking care of your health and wellness
- Understanding your peak times
- Wake up at a consistent time
- Work in blocks of time
- Schedule breaks into your day
- Physical activity
- Offline time and how to relax
- Plan your day and week
Managing Remote Teams - Additional Course Info
We live in a very dynamic and rapidly changing world. Even 10-20 years ago the idea of managing remote teams sounded unusual. Remote workforce management – What it that, how it works and why do we need it? Nobody asks these questions now. Time goes on and supervising telecommuting employees becomes a leading trend in many companies from small businesses to giants such as IBM, Apple, Amazon, etc.
According to the research conducted by Flexjobs, the remote work sector has grown by nearly 160% over the past 12 years. Why is this happening? There are a number of objective reasons for that:
- Saving employee’s time and employer’s money. Suppose you spend 1 hour daily to get to work. That is almost 530 hours or 22 days in a year! This is a full working month (including weekends). Now let's look from the employer’s point of view. The rental price of 1 sq. meter of office in Dubai starts at $150 for a month. For an average company with 50 employees, you need an office of at least 500 square meters. But what if you transfer them home? That will be $75,000 saving per month. A substantial amount, isn’t it?
- Freedom and flexible schedule. Not everyone likes a standard working day from 9:00 to 18:00. Some are more productive in the evening, others in the morning while there are those who prefer to work at night. Besides, freedom in choosing a convenient workplace also adds a plus to the productivity and loyalty of employees. Surely, with remote work, you will have deadlines for tasks and certain responsibilities, but still, we cannot compare it with ordinary office work.
- Less stress. In remote work, you cannot avoid communicating with superiors, colleagues, and customers if your position implies that, but communication is remote, which means you will be less stressed. There’s no need to hurry to your office during rush hours, and that also reduces stress.
- A balance between personal life and work. When working remotely, an employee has much more opportunities to solve any personal affairs, to communicate with relatives and friends, and this fact increases the level of loyalty and productivity. True, in order to achieve the desired productivity, you need good managerial skills of a leader for the proper organization of work on the part of a manager.
- High productivity. If you are not in the office all day, then the main criteria by which your work will be evaluated is its volume and quality of works done. It simply does not make sense for you to pretend any activity during remote work: you will only harm yourself by delaying the time it takes to complete a task.
But all these advantages are possible only with the skillful management of remote employees and remote teams. And for this, you will need to overcome difficulties at the stage of organization and avoid typical mistakes.
Challenges of managing remote employees
On your way to the desired productivity in managing remote employees, you will face a number of challenges, including the following ones:
- Communication problem due to work time mismatch.
- The problem of a single workflow.
- The problem of tracking progress by tasks.
- The problem of employee control.
- The problem of resolving conflicts and disputes.
With the team fragmentation in space and time, a lot of difficulties arise for communication, the efficiency of interaction, mutual understanding, etc. and all this must be resolved by a manager. The main thing here is an integrated approach and proper preparation. Both managers and employees must use the same rules and principles.
How to manage remote teams
Here we consider the basic scheme for managing a remote team and general recommendations of how to do it right. If you think that remote work cannot be as productive as the one conducted within any office, you’re wrong. However, remote employee management requires an understanding of how to organize and control everything correctly and the ability to use basic tools. So, here are some basic guidelines on how to manage staff remotely.
- The good work of a remote team begins with a manager. Therefore, the first point is to prepare a future leader for remote work. A manager has to master the principles of remote communication, control, and motivation, as well as a number of software products. After that, proceed to do team study. All employees who will be part of the remote team will also have to master the basic principles and rules for organizing such work, as well as the same tools as a manager.
- Agree on everything before starting work. Just like in case of hiring an office employee, immediately discuss the responsibilities, operation mode, expected results. All participants in the workflow must clearly understand their own roles and responsibilities. Everyone should know the general rules. Without this, the effective work of the team is impossible.
- Take care of communication. You need to find convenient virtual communication tools – instant messengers for a quick discussion of current issues, skype for group meetings, task manager for file sharing. It is important not to lose or duplicate information, and ensure that tasks are clear to everyone. Everything should be crystal and simple. Next, create a single information space, where common documents and everything that is necessary for comfortable work will be laid out. And the most important rule: always ask employees to say if they understood the task.
- Give freedom to your employees (within the general plan, of course). It is very important to allow initiative and delegate tasks to competent specialists. Thus you not only improve the atmosphere in a team but also free up time for more important things. But you should not forget about control and monitoring; no one has canceled these tasks for a manager. Distribute tasks and monitor their implementation without interfering with the workflow. CRM-system will help with that.
- Engage in motivation. Understanding of mission and values is the foundation for the work of a remote team. Therefore, general motivational meetings are required: all project participants must understand where the company is going to, what the difficulties are, and what will allow a team to be more effective than before. Support and implement employee initiatives. Try to praise and be thankful, more often than we are all used to.
We hope that our basic recommendations on how to manage a remote team will help you organize this process in your company.
Tips and best practices managing remote employees
Here are some useful tips on managing remote employees.
- Keep your group chats up and running. This will give the effect of a real office when everyone can discuss current issues in real-time mode.
- Use tools to communicate maximally efficiently. E-mail, instant messengers, and chats are a must-have for remote teams, but for truly effective communication, you will need tools for remote control between PCs, screen sharing tools, screen capture tools, etc.
- Actively use cloud services. If you have a document that is edited by many people, you will need Google Drive, Dropbox, etc. Project management platforms also have file sharing and collaboration features.
- Implement a process control system. Managing remote employees means that everyone can be in own universe. Your employees may develop their own processes and procedures, which may not correspond with the way others work. It is best to have a documented, standardized way of working.
- Develop the standard process for training new employees. When hiring, make sure that they have completed the training program and can work with the rest of the team in a single coordinate system.
- Create a sense of team spirit. Remote work may require additional efforts to maintain a sense of loyalty to your team. Employees should be aware that they not only contribute to the achievement of the goals of their team but are also valuable in achieving the success of the company. Team motivation is an important task in managing remote employees.
- Do everything so that people feel not as separate workers, but as a real part of your team and company. It's worth it.
Managing remote employees training course
As you can see, managing remote employees is a complex task that includes several aspects. In order to establish the whole process, specialized training is needed, and first of all, it concerns managers, because most of the tasks lie on them. Training, courses, and self-study with specialized books will help to cope with this.
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|1 Nov - 5 Nov, 2020||5 Days|
|15 Nov - 19 Nov, 2020||5 Days|
|13 Dec - 17 Dec, 2020||5 Days|
|3 Jan - 7 Jan, 2021||5 Days|
|24 Jan - 28 Jan, 2021||5 Days|