There is a huge set of essential skills for supervisors and managers, and it might be a challenging task for a new manager or a supervisor to obtain all of them, but with the right approach to management skills training and support from the Atton Institute, you will be ready to face any difficulties. There are some essential organizational and managerial competencies that will guarantee your successful transition into a managerial position, and you will learn all this with our intensive leadership training program for new managers.
Whether you are a newly appointed manager or supervisor, who has had little experience in this position, this management skills training course is a great fit for you because it covers all key soft, technical and other categories of managerial skills necessary for a new leader to succeed. You will rethink your managerial and supervisor role and understand what is expected from you in this new position. Course participants will immerse themselves in the world of such competencies as fundamentals of leadership, organization and communication skills, and time and stress control. Moreover, you will understand how to set legitimate goals, improve your competencies in problem-solving, conflict management and decision-making, and learn how to motivate and delegate properly.
Numerous learning objectives are met via this course for new managers, but from our perspective, these are the most crucial:
- Realize what it takes to be a professional manager and supervisor and how to do it right
- Gain strategies for dealing with inevitable stress in your new position
- Grasp how to make justified decisions and develop a new approach to solving various problems
- Learn the appropriate behaviors for your role, whether you have been promoted within the team or been appointed to a new team
- Start to establish your leadership style and develop leadership qualities
- Be aware of the best practice strategies in motivation and delegation
Who Should Attend
- Managers with up to 3 years of experience
- Team Leaders with up to 3 years of experience
- Supervisors with up to 3 years of experience
- Newly appointed Managers in the different departments such as HR, Operations, Sales, Marketing, Accounting & Finance, and more
- Anyone who wants to become a manager and be prepared for the upcoming role
What will you gain
- Change your mindset to be prepared for your new role as a supervisor
- Know how to behave at every stage of the team formation process
- Apply the essentials of situational leadership in moments of uncertainty
- Establish processes and procedures that allow the building of a transparent workflow
- Deal with various barriers to communication and improve your cultural awareness
- Become more stress resilient and master time management techniques
- Set goals for yourself and your team that will be both inspirational and realistic
- Boost your critical thinking skills for better solving of day-to-day problems
- Master performance management to lead your team to the next level
- Become a master of transformation and learn how to deal with change resistance
- Be fully prepared to start a successful managerial career
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|Public Course (5 days)||USD 3,400.-||USD 3,900.-||USD 4,400.-|
|Live Online Training (3 days)||USD 1,550.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Management Skills for New Managers and Supervisors - 18 Jul 2022 Dubai, UAE|
|Management Skills for New Managers and Supervisors - 07 Nov 2022 Dubai, UAE|
- Responsibilities and challenges of a new manager
- Why most new managers and supervisors experience challenges
- Key qualities and abilities required for effective management
- Shifting Your Mindset Along with Your New Role
- Teams and leadership
- Elements which differentiate regular teams from high performing teams
- Main differences between teams and workgroups
- Stages of team formation
- What to do if you’ve been promoted within an existing team or appointed to a new team
- What you should do
- How to implement changes if needed
- Team dynamics and team building
- How and why teams fail – Collection of real-life cases
- Concept of Situational leadership and its application to team leadership
- Leadership – Definition and Related Qualities Required to Lead People
- Leadership Styles – Which one is appropriate when? A possible mixture of styles
- Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence for leaders
- Importance of establishing processes that are clear for you and your team
- Creating and applying reliable workflow systems
- When to consider revising the established processes
- Communicating effectively – how to be heard as a new supervisor
- Body Language Impact of Non-Verbal Communication
- Understanding cross-cultural communication and being culturally aware
- Improving Corporate Communication and Negotiation skills
- Understanding Different Behavioral Styles and adapting your communication style
- Working relationships - main rules - within the team and with colleagues
- How to choose the right communication means for different tasks and processes
- Establishing communication rules and standards for you and your team
- Time and stress management
- Causes and symptoms of stress
- Techniques and approaches to managing stress
- Definition of time management
- Identifying your time-wasters with the activity log
- Dealing with and managing your time-wasters
- Leading productive meetings
- Goal setting and planning skills
- What should the new manager plan?
- Analyzing issues – how to reveal the gaps and ways to eliminate them
- How to set goals as a new manager and get processes up and running
- Evaluating and reviewing set goals
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- The traditional approach to problem-solving
- Proven techniques: the helicopter view, fishbone, and How-How technique
- The dos and don’ts of brainstorming techniques
- Decision-making techniques
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Applying problem-solving and decision-making strategies to really difficult situations
- How to optimize decision-making
- Continuous performance management
- Defining the goals of performance management
- Identifying the process and challenges
- Conducting a self-audit on performance management
- Managing and Reviewing Performance
- Rewarding Employees
- Achieving excellence in motivation
- Definition of motivation and the main theories
- Recognizing a new manager’s role in team motivation
- Exploring important elements of the motivational process
- Managerial practices for building a motivational environment
- Managing and Motivating a Diverse Workforce
- Delegation and control
- Definition of delegation and why to delegate
- Evaluating your present delegation practices and the related challenges
- Steps to effective delegation
- Improvement plan for you and your team
- Developing improvement plans for you and your team
- Handling different reactions to change from team members and colleagues
- Dealing with typical change resistance scenarios
- Applying an action plan for your personal and team improvements
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|18 Jul - 22 Jul, 2022||5 Days|
|1 Aug - 5 Aug, 2022||5 Days|
|26 Sep - 30 Sep, 2022||5 Days|
|31 Oct - 4 Nov, 2022||5 Days|
|14 Nov - 18 Nov, 2022||5 Days|