The role of middle management is crucial in any organization since this is a link between senior management and the lower level managers and ordinary employees. In order to carry out typical functions of middle-level management, this specialist should have a specific set of competencies such as implementing strategy, creating a productive working environment, overseeing the work processes and procedures, and communicating key ideas within the different levels of the organization. Therefore middle management courses can be useful for those who are going to get or already have such a position.
This course is designed for both new and experienced managers to give you a solid foundation of the skills and knowledge needed to carry out specific responsibilities of middle managers for direct improvements in performance, employee motivation, and team dynamics. In each section of the course, there are short, interactive presentations of models and theory, mixed with group and pair work to further explore ideas and models, analyze implications for your own roles, self-discover key principles, and ideas, and learn from each other’s knowledge and experience in middle-level management. These are the basic training topics of the course.
Participants will also perform role-play activities in groups and pairs to practice some of the skills learned in the course, as well as completing individual surveys to assess their leadership style, preferred role in teams, default style in conflicts, and default communication style.
At the end of the course, participants may expect the following outcomes:
- Get a clear understanding of the distinct roles and responsibilities of a manager
- Assess your leadership style and understand how to leverage the benefits of your style
- Acquire knowledge of how to build effective teams and make them sustainable
- Learn about performance management, including goal setting and effective feedback
- Improve the work within your team to analyze problems and select the best alternative solution
- Enhance your competencies in motivating your team members for better results
Who Should Attend
- Team Leaders
- General Managers
- Regional Managers
- Junior Managers
- Middle managers who want to improve their skills and close the skills gap
- Professionals who want to become middle managers
What will you gain
- Understand what it takes to be a professional middle manager and how to get there
- Get acquainted with different leadership models and how to use each of them
- Learn about team dynamics and how to ensure good team communication
- Grasp the foundations of conflict management and assess your personal style in conflict
- Master performance appraisal, goal setting, and how to give constructive feedback
- Improve your communication skills and boost your adaptability as a manager
- Know how to deal with time inefficiency and become a master of time management
- Approach problem-solving and decision-making with systematic strategies
- Be aware of the best practices on how to run an efficient meeting and never waste your time
- Explore the secrets of motivation and how to be a true motivator for your team
- Take your professional and personal competencies to a higher level to achieve new goals
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|USD 3,400.-||USD 3,900.-||USD 4,400.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|CPE Endorsed Management Skills For Middle Managers - 19 Apr 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|CPE Endorsed Management Skills For Middle Managers - 30 Aug 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|CPE Endorsed Management Skills For Middle Managers - 18 Oct 2020 Dubai, UAE|
- Management and leadership
- What’s the difference between leadership and management?
- The role and functions of a manager
- The role and functions of a leader
- Leadership models
- Are leaders and managers born or made?
- Each role has a balance of both leadership and management
- Determining your leadership style (questionnaire)
- Fundamentals of Emotional Intelligence for managers
- Teambuilding and team dynamics
- How is a team different from a working group?
- How to create synergy in a team
- Creating trust and psychologically safe spaces
- Clear definitions of roles and hand-over points
- Ensuring good team communication
- Designing interdependent goals (team members have to cooperate to achieve their own goals)
- Effective team culture: hard on tasks, hard on relationships, soft on people
- Your preferred team role (questionnaire)
- Conflict management
- The five conflict management styles on an individual level
- Your style in conflict (questionnaire)
- How to resolve and manage conflict
- When to call in outside help (mediation)
- Performance management
- How to set goals for your team members
- The performance appraisal
- How to give constructive and effective feedback
- Managing performance in the context of the Willing and Able Matrix
- Communication skills for managers
- Importance of communication adaptability according to the situation
- Determining your personal communication style (questionnaire)
- How to communicate with a team
- One-on-one communication
- Corporate interactions
- Coaching, counselling, and mentoring
- What’s the difference between coaching, counselling, and mentoring?
- When is counselling required?
- The role and responsibilities of a mentor
- When is coaching advised?
- The Developer model
- The GROW model
- Key attitudes and skills required to be a successful coach
- Prioritization and time management
- Eisenhower’s matrix
- Pareto’s principle
- Efficiency vs. effectiveness
- Planning your time
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Root cause analysis
- Deriving alternative solutions
- Using creative thinking processes in a team situation
- Determining evaluation criteria for the decision (i.e., the factors upon which you will decide which is the best solution)
- Evaluating alternative solutions in a qualitative form (Six Thinking Hats model)
- Evaluating alternative solutions in a quantitative form (pros/cons matrix, decision matrix)
- When is a decision a good decision?
- Meeting management
- The central role and power of the agenda
- Controlling the discussion
- How to close a meeting so that all participants are clear about the decisions and next steps
- The secret parallel purpose of team meetings
- Intrinsic vs. extrinsic motivation
- What motivates employees?
- Situational leadership: change your style according to both the situation and the team member(s) involved
- Adapting your communication style to be more motivational
- Delegation: trust and empowerment
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|26 Jan - 30 Jan, 2020||5 Days|
|29 Mar - 2 Apr, 2020||5 Days|
|21 Jun - 25 Jun, 2020||5 Days|
|12 Jul - 16 Jul, 2020||5 Days|