The requirements of international financial reporting standards (IFRS) are dynamic; as practices and thinking evolve, more convergence and accounting standardization are required; the knowledge of IFRS standards is a must for a company conducting any international commercial activity. Finance and accounting professionals need to ensure they stay up-to-date and prepare their accounting and financial statements as per the quality and following international financial standards. This course gives you a broad and thorough review of the concepts and practical implementation of current IFRS standards and practices for the preparation of financial statements.
This course on financial accounting and reporting covers a wide range of topics that are required for a modern professional in this field, including an overview of the profit and loss statement, understanding of accounting financial statements, recognition of revenue and evaluation of receivables, and a better understanding of long-term liabilities and the analysis of balance sheet accounts. The course is fast-paced, and participants will face questions and application exercises throughout to ensure that the concepts are well understood and embedded. A wide variety of business types will be included in these application exercises, covering an IFRS standards list. Participants will work mostly in groups to encourage experience and knowledge sharing.
After completing this intensive accounting and financial training course, the attendees will gain several essential financial reporting skills, such as:
- Get a thorough grounding in the principles and purposes of accounting and financial reporting under IFRS
- Learn the basics of public sector financial reporting
- Understand the recognition and valuation of revenue, expenses, assets, liabilities, and equity
- Explore how to treat provisions and contingent liabilities
- Special in-depth treatment of revenue and receivables; inventory; property, plant & equipment; and liabilities and off-balance-sheet financing
Who Should Attend
- Strategic Planning Specialists
- Financial Accounting Team Members
- Financial Planning and Budgeting Professionals
- Investment Analysts and Advisers
- Financial professionals who want to refresh and update their skills and knowledge on reporting and accounting
What will you gain
- Review the purpose of financial statements for internal and external stakeholders
- Understand the IFRS’s conceptual framework and its five elements
- Realize the relationship between finance and executive management, and finance and operations
- Comprehend the link between the P&L statement and the balance sheet
- Review the 5-step process in recognition of revenue and evaluation of receivables
- Get an overview of the methods of estimating provision for bad debt
- Learn about accounting adjustments and the importance of objective recognition and matching
- Know the components of statements of financial position, owner’s equity and cash flows
- Get a clear understanding of the cost flow assumption: FIFO, LIFO, or weighted average cost
- Review the nuances of the capitalization decision and the depreciation decision
- Know how to work with shareholders’ equity, including treasury stock and share buybacks
This course is worth 30 CPE credits
(1 credit for 50 minutes)
No CPE credits are applicable for online courses
Course schedule sample one day
|First Training Session
|Second Training Session
|Third Training Session
|Lunch and Networking
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date
|Early bird 25 days before course start date
|Regular Course Fee
|Public Course (5 days)
|Live Online Training ( 4 days)
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Financial Accounting and Reporting - 03 Jun 2024 Dubai, UAE
|Financial Accounting and Reporting - 18 Nov 2024 Dubai, UAE
- A quick overview of the four financial statements
- The purpose of financial statements
- Internal stakeholders
- External stakeholders
- Financial accounting vs. managerial accounting
- The fundamental principles of accounting
- IFRS’s Conceptual Framework
- The five elements: assets, liabilities, equity, income, and expenses
- Brief recognition criteria for each of the five elements
- The importance of a basis of preparation, notes, and disclosure
- Contingent liabilities
- The relation between finance and executive management, and finance and operations
- The Profit & Loss Statement
- Standard formats of P&L
- Presentation of the P&L
- Recognition of expenses: the matching principle
- The link between the P&L statement and the balance sheet
- The difference between profit and cash
- Recognition of revenue and evaluation of receivables
- 5-step process
- Requirements for revenue recognition for the delivery of goods
- Recognition of delivery of services
- Percentage of completion
- Methods of estimating provision for bad debt
- Making provisions for bad debts objectively
- Valuation of long-term receivables
- Accounting for long-term contracts
- Cash discounts
- Sales returns and allowances
- Accounting adjustments
- Importance of objective recognition and matching
- Accounting for prepayments and deferrals
- Contingent liabilities
- Presentation on the balance sheet
- Statements of financial position (balance sheet), owner’s equity and cash flows
- Purpose of the statements
- Components of the statements
- Standard formats and presentation of the statements
- The cost flow assumption: FIFO, LIFO, or weighted average cost
- Implications of the financial statements of the different methods
- LIFO, IAS, and US GAAP
- Absorption costing (capitalization of costs)
- Lowering of historical cost and net realizable value for closing balance sheet
- Materials and supplies
- Work in progress
- Finished goods
- The cost flow assumption: FIFO, LIFO, or weighted average cost
- Treatment of goodwill and intangible assets
- Property, plant, and equipment
- The capitalization decision
- The depreciation decision
- Repairs and improvements
- Long-term liabilities and off-balance sheet financing
- Long-term loans
- Operating leases vs. finance leases
- Other methods
- Shareholders’ equity
- Issuance of common stock, preferred stock, and treasury stock
- Share buybacks
- Profits: dividends and appropriation to reserves
- Earnings per share
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|25 Mar - 29 Mar, 2024
|20 May - 24 May, 2024
|24 Jun - 28 Jun, 2024
|15 Jul - 19 Jul, 2024
|5 Aug - 9 Aug, 2024