In today’s intense business world where competition is extremely severe, financial aspects of a business are taking a front seat. Thus, efficient budgeting and cost control skills are vital for any successful enterprise. Budgeting is fundamental for providing a focus for operations, keeping operations on track, and communications with internal and external stakeholders. Budgeting is the method by which we translate the strategic ambitions of the business into financial and operational annual business plans.
After learning about various budgeting approaches, you’ll learn how to budget for each component of the master budget, including CAPEX budgeting. In this way, you’ll build a simple budgeted P&L, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet for the 12 months in the budget, taking Working Capital conditions and finance requirements into account. You will see the connections and inter-dependencies between the three financial statements. Also, you’ll learn how to perform the standard Investment Appraisal (ROI) techniques in Excel. This course is very hands-on. For each section of the course, once you learn the structure and approach, you will perform quick exercises and quizzes.
This course has a variety of benefits and positive outcomes for participants, such as:
- Realize the importance of budgeting, and it relates to strategy and business planning
- Master such components as revenue, production, operating expenses, and CAPEX
- Formulate the components of the budget into the three financial statements
- Develop and enhance the skills to perform the budgeting process in Excel
- Understand the importance and process of cost control and variance analysis
- The ability to use Investment Appraisal techniques (ROI) to evaluate investment decisions
What will you gain
- Become a professional who is capable of creating efficient budgeting
- Be able to take cost control of your organization to the next level of efficiency
- Connect your budgeting approach with your business strategy seamlessly
- Learn how to perform revenue budgeting by month, product, and price
- Deal with operating expenses and be able to see able the gaps in different expenses
- Know in detail about CAPEX budgeting and how it can benefit your organization
- Create cash flow budgeting considering investment and financing activities
- Create the budgeted Balance Sheet in Excel using debt as the balancing plug
- Master variance analysis and successfully use it an efficient tool of controlling
- Improve the skills to perform the budgeting process in Excel with excellence
- Understand the whole structure of budgeting and the best tools to control it
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|USD 3,400.-||USD 3,900.-||USD 4,400.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- The regular, special and early bird courses fees include the applicable 5% VAT.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Budgeting and Cost Control - 08 Dec 2019 Dubai, UAE|
|Budgeting and Cost Control - 08 Mar 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Budgeting and Cost Control - 09 Aug 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Budgeting and Cost Control - 08 Nov 2020 Dubai, UAE|
- The relationship between strategy, planning, budgeting, controlling, and variance analysis
- Budgeting as a planning tool
- How to incorporate business plans and business initiatives into the budget
- How the budget represents the strategy and business plan for the year
- Further motivations for and advantages of budgeting
- The proper relationship between the budgeting office and operations in the budgeting process
- Roles and responsibilities of operations and finance
- Who owns the budget?
- Budgeting approaches
- Incremental budgeting
- Zero-based budgeting
- Bottom-up budgeting
- Top-down budgeting
- The components of an effective budgeting process
- The steps in the budgeting process
- Information flow in the budgeting process
- The components of the master budget
- Revenue budgeting
- By month
- By product
- By price
- Manufacturing or production budgeting (Cost of Goods Sold)
- Variable expenses
- Manufacturing overhead expenses
- Operating expenses
- Sales and Marketing expenses
- General & Administration expenses
- Provisions (bad debt, warranties)
- Allocation of overheads to the operations
- Budgeting for initiatives and special projects
- Budgeting for contingencies
- CAPEX budgeting
- Replacement assets
- New investments/assets
- Updating the depreciation schedule
- Cash Flow Budgeting
- Operating Cash Flow
- Cash flow from investment activities
- Cash flow from financing activities
- Creating a budgeted P&L in Excel
- Building a flex-budget
- Incorporating new business initiatives
- Using vertical ratios and KPIs in the budget
- Creating the budgeted Balance Sheet in Excel
- Deriving the Working Capital components from the P&L and DSO/DPO
- Deriving Assets from depreciation and the CAPEX budget
- Incorporating finance requirements
- Using debt as the balancing plug
- Creating the budgeted cash flow statement in Excel
- Using historical debtor days (Days Sales Outstanding-DSO)
- Using historical creditor days (Days Payable Outstanding - DPO)
- Entering fixed expenses
- Entering variable expenses
- Incorporating CAPEX
- Determining finance requirements
- Cost control
- The role and function of controlling
- Information for analysis
- Investigating variances
- Variance analysis
- A monthly tool for operations managers
- As a tool of controlling
- Breaking variance down
- Variance analysis for business unit managers
- How to create variance reports in Excel: formulas, formatting and conditional formatting
- Investment Appraisal for capital budgeting and business expansion (ROI – Return on Investment)
- What is investment appraisal?
- Determining the investing cash flows
- The first filter: Payback Period
- The time value of money
- Understanding the cost of capital, including “discount rate”, “WACC”, etc.
- Deciding the required/targeted rate of return (WACC)
- Net Present Value (NPV)
- Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- NPV and IRR calculations in Excel
- Sometimes we invest despite a poor ROI!
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|15 Sep - 19 Sep, 2019||5 Days|
|3 Nov - 7 Nov, 2019||5 Days|
|15 Dec - 19 Dec, 2019||5 Days|