Financial analysis is a vital part of any sustainable and profitable organization because only a professional in financial statement analysis can control the performance indicators and the overall budgeting health of an organization. This course on techniques of financial analysis is essential for those who have to read, understand, and analyze financial statements. The training will help you to identify the budgeting problems which businesses and investors face with, to feel confident in credit and risk analysis, to assess the overall performance, to prepare data and reports for top managers.
This advanced financial analysis course provides attendees with a comprehensive overview of the key techniques in financial analysis. Starting from the fundamentals of budgeting analysis using common sizing and ratio analysis, participants will learn detailed Du Pont analysis techniques to uncover underlying sources of changes in ROE. We will then turn a more skeptical eye towards profits and compare and contrast profits to cash flow. An important part of this training is critical credit analysis and considering the possible creative accounting techniques, as well as off-balance sheet items and inadequate contingent liability reporting. By projecting your analysis into the future, you will learn about corporate valuation techniques and methods to generate predicted financial statements.
Important note: laptops will be required for this course, for modeling and calculations in Excel.
Throughout this course, participants will cover the most crucial topics in this field of expertise and obtain several financial analyst core competencies:
- Realize the full range of capabilities of financial analysis
- Know how to review correlations between profits and cash flow
- Develop skills in creative accounting techniques
- Learn the crucial principles of quality financial statements
- Explore the best practices on how to work with credit analysis
- Make reliable predictions based on your analysis
What will you gain
- Understand the uses and limitations of financial analysis
- Assess the financial health of a business
- Identify and assess risk areas in a business
- Identify areas and issues that may require further investigation
- Apply and interpret financial ratios
- Use Du Pont analysis to determine the key underlying driver(s) of ROE
- Understand and assess the link between operating cash flow and working capital
- Analyze the key ratios regarding cash flow and working capital
- Assess the quality of financial statements and identify potential creative accounting
- Perform corporate valuation with proven approaches
- Create highly reliable forecasted financial statements
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date||Early bird 25 days before course start date||Regular Course Fee|
|USD 3,400.-||USD 3,900.-||USD 4,400.-|
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Advanced Financial Analysis - 17 Nov 2019 Dubai, UAE|
|Advanced Financial Analysis - 15 Mar 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Advanced Financial Analysis - 07 Jun 2020 Dubai, UAE|
|Advanced Financial Analysis - 06 Dec 2020 Dubai, UAE|
- Introduction to financial analysis
- Objectives of financial analysis
- The required mental attitude for financial analysis
- The applications, usefulness and limitations of financial analysis
- Reporting standards
- Importance of reporting standards in financial analysis and valuation
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) versus Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Rules comparisons affecting analysis
- Common sizing
- Vertical common sizing
- Common sizing combined with horizontal analysis
- Applications and limitations of ratio analysis
- Risk ratios
- Profitability ratios
- Valuation ratios
- Time series and graphical presentation
- Performing time series calculations
- Stacked charts
- Line graphs
- Regression analysis
- Profit and cash flow
- What is profit?
- Profit vs cash flow
- Cash flow ratios
- The relationship between working capital and cash flow
- Evaluating financial flexibility
- Quality of financial statements and creative accounting
- Principles of accounting as they relate to quality of financial statements
- Definition of earnings quality
- Revenue management
- Expenses management
- Creative accounting techniques
- Inventory valuation
- Depreciation manipulation
- Capitalization of costs
- Revaluation of assets
- How to use the cash flow statement to detect creative accounting tactics
- Off balance sheet accounting and contingent liabilities
- Ways in which companies create off balance sheet debt
- Contingent liabilities assessed in a favourable manner to the company
- Sudden surprises
- Sudden changes in the assets or liabilities
- Beneish M-score
- Credit analysis
- The credit rating process
- Selected ratios for credit analysis
- Altman Z-score
- Forward looking analysis: projections
- Projecting revenue, gross profit and net profit
- Using activity ratios and efficiency ratios to project the balance sheet working capital items
- Projecting asset levels and depreciation
- Projecting the cash flow statement
- Identifying and analysing risks
- Sensitivity analysis on projections
- Corporate Valuation
- Dividend discount model
- P/E valuation
- EBITDA total enterprise valuation
- Discounted cash flow (DCF) equity valuation
- Sensitivity analyses
- Closing remarks
- The need to take a basket approach to ratios and tools
- Recognition that numbers alone will not tell the whole story
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|3 Nov - 7 Nov, 2019||5 Days|
|15 Dec - 19 Dec, 2019||5 Days|
|22 Dec - 26 Dec, 2019||5 Days|
|26 Jan - 30 Jan, 2020||5 Days|