In the complex and dynamic world of corporate governance, businesses and government entities are continually grappling with the daunting task of designing, implementing, and maintaining effective policies and practices. These practices have a profound impact on the organization's performance, reputation, and most importantly, its culture. With increasing regulations and changing business landscapes, the need for robust governance policies and practices has never been more critical. This presents a challenging task for all levels of management who must understand and embed these policies within daily tasks to foster the ethical culture necessary to support their organization’s overall governance strategy.
Our comprehensive Corporate Governance Policies & Practices Mastery course is part of a larger selection of corporate governance courses, designed to meet these prevailing challenges. Aligned with the best OCEG Standards, it aims to equip you with essential skills and knowledge to comprehend, design, and implement efficient corporate governance policies. Offered public, online and in-house, this program culminates with a certificate of completion, making it a good opportunity for individuals looking to excel in their governance roles. After finishing, you'll be better prepared to help improve your organization's governance practices and framework, ensure compliance, and enhance overall corporate performance.
After completing the Corporate Governance Policies & Practices Mastery course, you will be able to:
- Understand the need and importance of corporate governance policies and practices and how they align with the organization's values
- Develop cultural awareness that fosters an appreciation for corporate governance policies among employees
- Develop a deep understanding of each policy's aim, context, and impact
- Align every decision with the governance policies to avoid breaches
- Understand the impact of corporate governance mechanisms on IFRS adoption and disclosures application
- Understand, evaluate, and recommend improvements to corporate governance models
Who Should Attend
This course program is ideal for:
- Board of Directors
- Board Members
- Legal Counsel
- Corporate Secretaries
- Internal and External Auditors
- Compliance Managers
- Head of Departments
- Risk Managers
- Financial Managers
- Accounting Managers
- Government Employees
- Anyone who is interested to extend their skills
What will you gain
Upon successful completion of this short course, part of our governance programs, you will:
- Have a comprehensive understanding of corporate governance within an organization's structure
- Be equipped with effective strategies to implement governance policies
- Have the ability to anticipate and manage risks proactively
- Apply principles of corporate governance in risk identification, monitoring, and control
- Appreciate the potential impacts of changes in governance policies on the organization
- Identify risks associated with weak compliance using global case studies of strong governance cultures
- Formulate contextual internal audit procedures for corporate governance
- Improve decision-making by enhancing the quality of information used
- Foster a robust governance culture within the organization
- Communicate and ensure adherence to the organization's risk appetite
- Define an integrated governance management model that aligns with the organization's vision and objectives
Course schedule sample one day
|First Training Session
|Second Training Session
|Third Training Session
|Lunch and Networking
Fees & what is included
|Early bird 70 days before course start date
|Early bird 25 days before course start date
|Regular Course Fee
|Public Course (5 days)
|Live Online Training (3 days)
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
When would you like to start
|Corporate Governance Policies & Practices Mastery - 13 May 2024 Dubai, UAE
|Corporate Governance Policies & Practices Mastery - 09 Sep 2024 Dubai, UAE
|Corporate Governance Policies & Practices Mastery - 23 Dec 2024 Dubai, UAE
- Introduction to Corporate Governance
- Main concepts: Principles of accountability, fairness and transparency
- Benefits and regulations: implementation versus enforcement of laws
- Sectoral codes
- Global, regional and country trends in the context of UAE
- Governance Architecture and Corporate Culture
- The new business models
- Executives committee and board rules
- Responsibilities of stakeholders
- Legal definition
- Shaping culture
- The seven cultural values
- Cultural diagnostic
- Governance Policies and Procedures
- Industry Characteristics
- Reserved matters
- Code of conduct
- Code of ethics
- Business continuity
- Conflict of interest
- Equality, diversity and inclusion
- Register of director interests
- Data protection
- Health and safety
- Reserve policy
- Technological Impact on Policies and Procedures
- IT governance
- New International standards: UK, US
- Regional standards: MENA
- Country’s level: UAE, KSA, Oman
- Key Challenge in Implementing Governance Policies
- Education and training for current employees: what is missing?
- Different focus based on the business unit, department and management level
- Consistency in internal rules and regulation
- KPIs and ratings needed
- Corporate Governance and Accounting Standards in UAE Oman, and KSA
- Board of Directors Characteristics
- The principal source of code
- Comply or Explain
- Board Structure
- Board Meetings
- Audit Committee Attributes
- Size, Independence, Diligence
- Financial Expertise
- Accounting standards in the UAE, KSA and Oman
- Board and audit effectiveness
- Continuous Improvement and Evaluation of Corporate Governance
- Monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of governance policies
- Implementing a culture of continuous improvement
- Best practices for conducting corporate governance audits
- The role of external auditors in corporate governance
- The importance of transparency and communication in governance
- Lessons learned and case studies
- Emerging trends and future directions in corporate governance
- Crisis management and governance
- Role of corporate social responsibility in governance
- Evaluating and improving board performance and effectiveness
- Succession planning for key governance roles
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|25 Mar - 29 Mar, 2024
|20 May - 24 May, 2024
|24 Jun - 28 Jun, 2024
|15 Jul - 19 Jul, 2024
|5 Aug - 9 Aug, 2024