In an era of rapid change and high-profile corporate scandals, companies are grappling with the challenge of enhancing their corporate governance framework. With an evolving landscape of statutory, industry-specific, capital market-related, professional, and other provisions, firms and government entities face an increasing complexity in aligning their corporate governance with their operational strategies, objectives and the expectations of their shareholders and other stakeholders. This has put a spotlight on the need for comprehensive corporate governance workshop programs that provide not just a checklist of tasks to be completed, but a strategic approach to managing risks and capitalizing on opportunities.
Our Certified Corporate Governance Professional online and face-to-face public and in-house course is part of a larger selection of corporate governance courses, offers a solution to this challenge. This certificate course tailored to help you grasp the intricate network of responsibilities and relationships among the board of directors, supervisory board, and shareholders' meetings. The certified course adheres to the best OCEG Standards, a globally recognized guide for effective corporate governance. The training offers an in-depth understanding of these governance mechanisms and equips you with the skills and knowledge to design governance structures that are not only effective and efficient, but also tailored to your company's unique needs.
This comprehensive certified training program will help you improve your understanding of corporate governance, opening up opportunities for professional advancement and making you a valuable asset to your organization. Upon completion of this short intensive course, participants will be able to:
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the board of directors, supervisory board, and shareholders' meetings within the corporate governance framework
- Comprehend the structure of the board and the roles of individual board members
- Develop a culture of ethics and professionalism within the board
- Familiarize with the governance architecture and its components
- Recognize the influence of national culture and norms on perceptions of legality and legitimacy
- Interpret the values and principles of GRC management within the governance context
Who Should Attend
This certification is beneficial for:
- Board of directors
- Executive directors
- Aspiring directors
- Senior executives
What will you gain
Upon successful finishing the Certified Corporate Governance Professional course, you will be able to:
- Understand the roles of the most senior levels of the organization, namely the board or its equivalent
- Comprehend how the board is structured and the roles of its members
- Identify the subcommittees that enable the board to run effectively
- Understand board member remuneration and reporting activities to shareholders and the broader stakeholder community
- Develop the culture and ethics of a board
- Comprehend the national culture and the formal and informal norms that define actors' perceptions of legality and legitimacy
- Understand the Environment Social and Governance (ESG) context
- Understand the financial, strategy, and risk contexts in corporate governance
- Recognize the Governance architecture and the value of GRC management in the context of governance
- Translate the self-image of the entire company into unmistakable instructions for governance
- Understand leadership dynamics and board operations
Course schedule sample one day
|08:30 AM||-||10:00 AM||-||First Training Session|
|10:00 AM||-||10:15 AM||-||Coffee Break|
|10:15 AM||-||12:00 PM||-||Second Training Session|
|12:00 PM||-||12:15 PM||-||Coffee Break|
|12:15 PM||-||02:00 PM||-||Third Training Session|
|02:00 PM||-||03:00 PM||-||Lunch and Networking|
Fees & what is included
For the group bookings and special discounts please contact
Admissions Director – Vlad Podolyak
+971 52 684 7088
- For early registrations special prices apply as outlined above.
- All fees are exclusive of VAT. Tax Registration Number : 100312636200003.
- Companies - register 2 participants for the same course and date and get one place free.
- Only one type of discount can be applied to the same course & date registration.
- For larger corporate clients there are special packages. Contact us for details.
At Atton Institute we do our best to ensure that all our courses and trainings are provided with the highest industry standards, are time efficient and praxis related, and bring the best education results. Our courses have the most up-to date info and secure the excellent course fee to value ratio quality.
Course Fee Includes
- Introduction to Corporate Governance
- Governance Main concepts
- Governance Evolution and Background
- The three principles: Accountability, Fairness, Transparency
- Stakeholder Theory of Corporate Governance
- Internal and external stakeholders
- The shareholders and general assembly
- The board
- Board committee
- Internal auditor and compliance officer
- Other stakeholders
- The role of governance in stakeholders’ management
- Corporate Governance Benefits
- Efficiency: Improved performance
- Building image: Reputation and trust
- Develop Investor confidence
- Facilitate Access to capital
- Attract Foreign direct investment
- Enhance the quality of directors
- Attract Stakeholder support
- Overview of regulations
- The role of regulators
- The objectives of regulations
- Corporate Governance Framework
- Implementation and reinforcement of law
- Sectoral Code
- The codes
- Basic principles
- Types of code
- the critical elements of a good governance code
- Implementing collaborative governance in practice
- Comply or explain the non-compliance approach
- Global Trends
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Corporate purpose
- Corporate culture
- Human resource management
- Regional dimension
- Governance Architecture
- The context of governance architecture
- The executives
- The committee
- The board
- Board roles
- The Company Director
- The role of the director
- Legal definition
- Essential knowledge
- Due diligence
- Main concepts
- Shaping culture
- The seven cultural values
- Cultural diagnosis
- The Governance Handbook
- Board operations
- Meeting type
- Board dynamics
- Financial Matters
- Main concepts
- Risk oversight
- Mitigating risk
- Monitoring risk
- Evaluating Performance
- Board as a collective
- Directors as individuals
- CEO as individual
- Evaluation methods
- Performance diagnosis: Board, director, CEO
- The Non-Executive Director (NED)
- Decision time
- Making an impact
- Evaluating Performance and the Role of Non-Executive Directors (NED)
- Rationale for performance evaluation
- Board as a collective in evaluating performance
- Evaluating individual directors' performance
- Evaluating the CEO's performance
- Methods for conducting performance evaluations
- Performance diagnosis: Board, director, and CEO assessments
- The role of non-executive directors (NEDs) in governance
- Preparing for the NED role
- Promoting good governance practices within the organization
- Analyzing and assessing organizational performance as an NED
- Providing informed guidance and decision-making support
- Making a positive impact as a non-executive director
We use the best and latest educational praxis. All of our courses and trainings are designed using our unique Atton LPI Learning Methodology© which guarantees the delivery of extensive knowledge over a short time period with an easy-to-understand approach. All course materials are absolutely unique and are the combination of fundamental and systematic knowledge, practical studies and real-life implementation elements.
We deliver in our 3- to 5-days trainings knowledge and skills which are commonly delivered over a much longer period of time – thus truly saving our participants time and money.
Each course has a comprehensive description and content breakdown, which means you can easily check how a certain training may fit your expectations and requirements.
If your aim is to obtain the most wide-ranging overview in a certain area of expertise, we commonly suggest that you choose one of our popular trainings in the relevant category. The popular trainings cover the widest scope in each area and for this reason they are greatly valued by our participants.
If you need help in choosing the best course for you, please get in touch with our STUDENTS SUPPORT DEPARTMENT.
There are various payment options – cheque, cash, and bank transfer. It is essential to note that the earlier you register, the larger the applicable discount on your admission fee.
For details on the available discounts and special training admission fees, please see the section “Course fees and discounts” on the course page.
Each course participant obtains the Atton Institute Course Completion Certificate, which is protected by means of several authentication elements. Each Atton Course Certificate can be additionally verified by contacting our administrative office or via the special online authenticity check system on our website.
Professional, up-to-date expertise is one of the most powerful elements of success in the modern business and career environment.
Our Courses and Trainings are highly useful for business owners, management and employees at all levels and provide, in a highly effective way, current and solid professional development qualifications and skills combined with practical real-life essentials.
- Choose your course (feel free to get in touch with us for support).
- Select the desired date and location of the course.
- Proceed with course registration (online or via e-mail or phone).
- Upon registration, you will receive invoice to finalize the registration.
- Upon payment of the Admission Fee, your course registration is completed.
Each training is repeated a certain number of times over the year, and thus you have the option to choose the most suitable date for you. If you wish to benefit from the option of a course fee discount, be sure to register in advance.
Other suggested courses:
|2 Oct - 6 Oct, 2023||5 Days|
|30 Oct - 3 Nov, 2023||5 Days|
|13 Nov - 17 Nov, 2023||5 Days|
|11 Dec - 15 Dec, 2023||5 Days|
|8 Jan - 12 Jan, 2024||5 Days|
|22 Jan - 26 Jan, 2024||5 Days|