Executive training courses – making management more effective
What is an executive education for?
We all understand that it is very important to improve professional skills of the whole team in order to achieve success. But as for executive training, it is of particular importance since a company leader sets a line of development. CEOs, top managers, and other executives should have a sufficient level of knowledge in almost all the fields: marketing, management, customer service, legal basis, etc. Therefore, the demand for executive education remains high.
The executive must create such conditions under which each employee will work most effectively and in accordance with professional and personal qualities. Unfortunately, many employees do not work to the fullest of their potential.
So, what is the main goal of executive training courses and seminars? The goals of such training are as follows:
- Developing managerial skills;
- Mastering tools for management;
- Improving the efficiency of management tasks performance;
- Increased awareness of management decisions and actions.
Knowledge and skills obtained during the education process will help leaders to cope with their main duties:
- Organization management;
- Process and project management;
- Personnel management;
Forms, models, and methods of executive training
As for the form of executive training, there following popular ones:
- Business training. Here one can get the most topical knowledge and management skills, and try them in practice. Both several training blocks or some particular one can be presented;
- Business Coaching. Work within the framework of business coaching is conducted individually under the guidance of a business coach. It is through understanding the problem that the manager finds ways to solve it, and the business coach coordinates these ways;
- Mentoring. The way to share knowledge and skills from a more experienced specialist to less experienced ones. It is seldom used, but it is good for the training of young professionals and new employees;
- Business-workshop. In this form of management training, managers are helped to see business from outside, using accessible methods of analysis and decision-making. At such training events, participants have the opportunity to quickly analyze the situation in their company and changes in the market.
Executive training can have both collective and individual model.
- A collective format is about a work in groups, aimed at collective problem-solving. Group training is usually conducted at executive education seminars or training;
- Individual training is another model when the "student" chooses the time and place of employment. At the same time, he improves managerial skills by solving real problems of his company, and not abstract cases from other people's practices. Individual training is most often conducted in the format of business coaching.
There are a lot of methods for teaching managers. Usually several of them are used in training. Here is a short list:
- Group discussion is a joint discussion of a contentious issue, which makes it possible to clarify, the positions and opinions of participants. Discussion allows you to see the problem from different angles.
- Game methods – the real work situation is simulated during the games. The business game allows you to visualize the consequences of particular decisions, adjust their results and avoid possible mistakes.
- Case method. In this method, the group receives some information and has to discuss the problem, give a recommendation or make a decision. The trainer creates cases in advance.
- Brainstorm. This is the way to produce creative ideas for a given problem for a certain amount of time. All options are welcome, except for critical evaluations.
- Debate is the discussion of a significant problem with the formulation of different points of view. The goal of debates is to work out some general provisions on the issue under discussion.
- Lecture/seminar. This is a traditional method. Some material is presented on a lecture without discussion and consolidation. The discussion is welcomed at a seminar.
Choosing the best option for executive training in the UAE
When choosing the best solution for executive training, it is important to consider certain factors, namely:
- Topical modern knowledge and skills – what has been known does not represent a particular value;
- Real practical value – the obtained knowledge and skills should have real value in practice;
- Short terms – the less time is spent, the better, but without compromising on quality.
And one can find a solution, that satisfies all of the above requirements on the market of educational services in Dubai, the UAE, for example, a series of courses from the Atton Institute: STRATEGIC LEADERSHIP & MANAGEMENT PROGRAM.