Specialist Training and Development in the UAE. Organization process
Probably, every working specialist at a certain moment begins to think about own professional training. Specialist training issue arises for a number of reasons. Firstly, we live in a dynamic world, where innovations are being introduced into all spheres of activity, and universal global competition drives to self-development. Secondly, if a certain specialist owns a number of skills from other areas, for example, if the sales manager knows the basics of marketing or marketer has the basic level in graphic design, the value of such a specialist grows significantly. Thirdly, the ease with which you can engage in self-learning and the availability of specialist training courses contribute to the popularity of this direction.
Organization of specialist training and development of a training plan for staff
A specialist training plan is a basis, which describes the activities aimed at improving the skills of staff. Having developed such a plan, you can optimally distribute time and financial costs. The basis for the plan is the results of analysis of such indicators of the company as sales volume, employee turnover, staff competencies, efficiency, etc. Another thing lying at the core of the specialist training plan is data on the needs collected for each structural unit of the company. The specialist training and development process involves several stages:
- Competency assessment. At this stage, you have to clarify the needs of each unit and identify the categories of employees who need to participate in specialist training courses. The gap between the level of knowledge and the requirements for the position is determined on the basis of the job description, and the evaluation of competencies is carried out based on an analysis of the employee's activities. The analysis of this information helps to develop training programs that meet the needs of a company and consider the competence of the staff.
- Choice of methods and forms of training. After analyzing the collected information, it is necessary to determine the best methods: whether the company has the capacity for internal training of personnel or whether it will have to ask for help of external providers. At this stage, the choice of teachers and coaches is made. When choosing methods, it is necessary to take into account the subject, the specifics of the business, the competence of the teachers and the expected costs. Strategic development goals, applications received, results of attestations are considered. The most effective is the combination of active and passive methods: seminars, lectures, training, case studies, modeling and business games, webinars.
- Calculation of costs. Depending on the needs and financial capabilities of the company, the distribution of financial costs is made.
- Preparing a comprehensive training plan. Based on identified needs, a comprehensive training plan is developed. It should take into account the overall composition of the participants and their distribution among groups, the maximum possible number of people in the group and the duration of the training program. It is also necessary to agree on terms with managers at all levels to compile an optimal schedule for each category of employees.
- Develop a system of motivation for learning. It is advisable to show the importance of participating in the program for the subsequent career growth. Motivation can be both material (bonus, wage increase) and non-material (the title of "best employee," gratitude) form.
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of the system. In the process of developing a training plan for staff, it is necessary to determine the criteria for its effectiveness. Such criteria can be, for example, market share and company assets, labor productivity, management effectiveness, employee satisfaction and leadership, acquired knowledge and skills. It is advisable to use the methodology of key indicators (KPI).
- Implement feedback. Monitoring the process and analyzing the results of the assessment makes it possible to make adjustments to the plan in a timely manner and to supplement it in order to improve the final indicators.
Specialist training courses – choosing options in the UAE
Ready-made and highly effective solutions, both from a time perspective and from the result obtained, are offered by private and public colleges and institutions. One of such organizations, providing its solutions in specialist training is the Atton Institute. It provides courses and programs for managers, marketers, specialists in sales and customer services, HRs, etc. The programs of these classes are developed by experienced professionals in their field, in addition, students can practice the obtained skills in the classroom. As for the UAE, there are all the necessary conditions for professional development.