Masterclasses – Time-efficient Solutions for Working Specialists
Masterclass or master class is a modern form of conducting a training workshop to develop practical skills in various techniques and technologies aimed at improving the professional level and sharing best practices among participants.
A difference between a master class and a seminar is as follows: during the master class, a leading specialist tells and, what is even more important, shows how to apply a new technology or method in practice. An expert conducts a master class in a certain discipline for those who want to improve their practical achievements in this subject.
As for the methodology of conducting master classes, it does not have any strict and uniform norms. For the most part, it is based both on the intuition of the leading specialist and on the receptivity of listeners. The principle of the master class is as follows: "I know how to do it, and I’ll teach you."
A master class is a two-way process, and good "teacher-listener" relations are absolutely necessary. Continuous contact, an almost individual approach to each listener – this is what distinguishes master classes from all other forms and methods of teaching. Usually, master classes are held for a small group (7-15 people) to achieve a good perception of the material and get feedback.
Tasks of the master classes:
- Trainer shares own experience by a direct and commented showing of the sequence of actions, methods, techniques, and forms of a particular activity;
- Joint development of the proposed approaches and methods for solving the problem posed in the master class;
Participants during a master class:
- Study the development of a master class;
- Participate in the discussion of the results;
- Ask questions, get consultations;
- Offer their own questions, developments for discussion;
- Express their suggestions on the solution of the problems under discussion.
Here is an example master class plan:
- The introductory part, where the head of the master class gives the necessary targets, reveals the content of a master class in general and its individual components;
- The main demonstration part;
- Commenting part, where an expert on a master class explains those elements of his/her work, which from his/her point of view are most important and of an original character;
- Discussion of the workshop by the participants of the master class;
- Summing up the results of the master class.
Prospects for professional growth in the UAE and masterclasses
If we are talking about a country like the UAE, here this form of training gains more popularity, say the masterclass on increasing the sales level will give an almost instantaneous and very tangible effect to those who develop international trade here, and this direction is very promising. Also among the most demanded areas – management of organizations, various applied aspects of product promotion, the basics of logistics, etc.
There are also excellent public universities and many business schools that attract prominent specialists from different regions. Among the organizations that offer their solutions for professional training in Dubai, the United Arab Emirates there is the Atton Institute that offers courses and trainings for sales managers, management and marketing specialists, and company executives. Classes are conducted by the first-class professionals who are ready to share their secrets of success on master classes, so we suggest that you pay your attention for those training and seminars that are held here – you will not regret time and money spent on the master class.