Skills for Office Staff, Every Should Have, Regardless of Position
In a modern, rapidly changing world, leadership, and decision-making skills have become a very important feature, as well as flexibility and ingenuity, the ability to work in a stressful situation and creative thinking. All these staff skills do not directly relate to any profession and characterize not the qualities of a professional but rather human qualities.
When assessing one or another specialist, an employer tries to evaluate the above-listed qualities, although it is much more difficult to do than to assess professional competence.
It should be noted that a specialist who, in addition to high professional qualities, will also have good soft skills, is very highly-demanded both in the UAE and in any other country of the world.
Next, we present the employees skills and abilities, which are evaluated in interviews with new employees.
The employee skills list required for successful career advancement
- Communication skills. The general term "communication skills" includes the ability to listen, to write and to speak. These are one of the most important staff skills that employers are looking for in modern candidates. A person must understand, interpret and be able to give the necessary instructions.
- Multitasking. Your employees will simultaneously participate in several projects, tasks, and initiatives. Thus, the ability to combine all this with your basic duties is a very valuable staff skill. Effective multitasking is achieved when the task is performed correctly and efficiently, with minimal stress.
- Enthusiasm. Enthusiasm is a valuable asset, as it shows that your employee is a true fan of a company.
- Decision Making. The ability to solve problems is a skill that is somewhere at the intersection of creativity, poise, and logic. Those who have it, prove their ability to objectively interpret incoming information, as well as make informed decisions.
- Organization. Each employee must have organizational skills. They are necessary for self-discipline – an employee can independently collect all the necessary information and data to manage a work or production process according to the schedule or deadlines.
- Honesty, sincerity. You have to be honest with others and yourself. This indicates that a person knows his/her strengths and weaknesses and is not afraid to make mistakes and take responsibility.
- Stress resistance. It's good when everything is fine, but what to do when the crisis comes? The ability to pull yourself together and act rationally under harsh circumstances is an important skill that employers appreciate very much.
If we add together all of the above mentioned, we can conclude that the employer requires the employee to have the following staff skills (top 10 skills that every employer wants):
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Organizational awareness.
- Effective problem-solving.
- Ability to influence.
- Effective decision-making.
- Ability to learn.
- Technical understanding.
Opportunities for professional study in Dubai, UAE
There are a lot of offers on the educational services market of the UAE, both from private and public organizations, besides, various types of staff training (for example, online courses, seminars, or master classes) are offered. Choosing a solution for staff skills training, pay attention to the Atton Institute. They offer some good solutions for those, who are looking for soft skills training, like this: Advanced business communications skills as well as professional skills training in marketing, management, sales management, HR and other.