Five Key Points of Training Process for New Employees in a Company
People are leaving and being hired for a new job, this process is and will be in the future. Accordingly, any company faces the need to provide training to new employees. There are a number of best practices for training new employees, which have proven themselves and can be used in companies of various profiles, both small and large.
Training new employees template
Here is a "training a new employee checklist":
- Staff Manual Guide.
- Adaptation plan.
- Rules and values of a company.
Now let's analyze this list point by point.
- Staff Manual Guide. The simplest and most obvious tool in the process of adaptation and training new employees is a manual guide for a compilation of algorithms, rules, and norms, observing which allows one to perform professional duties at an acceptable level while eliminating the need to ask unnecessary questions to colleagues. In a good way, the work staff manual guide should be written by the predecessor who held this post earlier, but this does not always work, and often the direct manager or even the HR manager must deal with this.
- Mentoring.The next step in organizing the training process for new employees is to select a mentor. A mentor is a more experienced employee who works at a similar position in the company for a long time and knows the key issues and is able to show a new employee the main points of work in this position in this company. One should very carefully select mentors from the team because this is the employee that will be considered by the newcomer as the standard of behavior. Here are the main criteria for choosing a mentor:
- Wish to be a mentor;
- Work experience;
- Loyalty to the organization;
- Tolerance to mistakes;
- Calm and tactful;
- Well organized.
- Adaptation plan. Any activity carried out according to the preliminary plan is usually more productive than chaotic actions directed in various directions. Training and development for new employees is no exception. In addition, when planning, it becomes possible to assess the necessary resources for the implementation of the forthcoming action plan.
- Rules and values of the company. Above, we have always considered the adaptation of a new employee in terms of obtaining the necessary knowledge to perform some particular duties. But no less, and perhaps even more important moment of an adaptation process is understanding and acceptance of rules and customs of the company. What distinguishes a company from others in this niche? It is best if these rules and values are formulated and written down in the form of a document that you can simply give each new employee to read.
- Training new employees must be adaptive! Adaptive means adaptive, changing depending on the feedback received for the best achievement of the goal. Adequately any administrative tool should be adaptive, but an adaptation of new employees should be adaptive so that the reception of each new employee and carrying it through the adaptation system make the process of adaptation more perfect. To achieve this, it is necessary to receive feedback from a new employee and those responsible for training at each stage – what is ok and what goes wrong.
Training strategies for new employees - training HR-managers in the UAE
As a rule, the HR-manager deals with the selection of personnel and their integration in the team, training programs like "How to train employees and guides for managers" are focused on these specialists. Here, in Dubai, the UAE there are quite a lot of options, from which you can choose, for example, a short course from the Atton Institute: Certified human resource (HR) management.