Courses for Working Professionals – Vocational Training for Employees
Since the progress does not stand still, we cannot afford ourselves to stop our educational process. But you have to work and haven't got much time for professional education. The answer is courses for working professionals. Lots of such options have appeared lately due to growing demand.
One can solve the problem of professional study with self-education, but in this case, he/she will have to do all the preparatory and organizational work him/herself. So this is not the best option for those who haven’t got enough free time, and the desire to engage in research and exploration.
But in case you do not have much free time, and you do not want to spend it on self-preparation, the best solution for you is to use the services of a professional trainer. And there are quite a few such opportunities in the UAE – professional education courses have become quite popular. Here you can take courses in sales techniques, digital marketing, management, customer service and other areas.
Training methods applied at professional courses
The range of methods of vocational training goes far beyond traditional lectures, seminars, and trainings. Nowadays there is a lot of methods practiced, aimed at practical mastering of the material both at the workplace, that is, in an environment that is as close to the real as possible and remotely or in a classroom.
As for the training at workplace, the key methods are instruction, rotation, and mentoring.
- INSTRUCTION is an explanation and demonstration of working methods directly at the workplace and can be carried out by both by a long-time employee and a special training instructor. Instruction, as a rule, is limited in time, focused on the development of specific operations or procedures that are part of the professional duties of the student.
- ROTATION is a method of self-study, in which an employee temporarily moves to another position in order to acquire new skills. Rotation is widely used by enterprises requiring multivalent skills from employees, i.e., having several professions. In addition to the purely learning effect, the rotation has a positive effect on employee motivation, helps to overcome stress caused by monotonous production functions, and expands social contacts in the workplace.
- MENTORING is a traditional method of vocational training for artisans who have been working alongside the foreman since ancient times. Young masters studied the profession in this way. This method is widely used today, especially in the fields, where practical experience plays an exceptional role in training specialists – for example in management.
In addition, there are approaches, also with an emphasis on practice, which can be conducted in a classroom, and which are often applied in professional courses:
- PRACTICAL SITUATIONS allow overcoming this defect to a certain extent. This method of teaching involves analysis and group discussion of hypothetical or real situations, which can be presented as a description, video, etc. The consideration of a practical situation is based on discussion, group discussion, in which students take an active part, and an instructor directs and controls this work.
- BUSINESS GAMES are a method of instruction that is the closest to the real professional activity. The advantage of business games is that, while being a model of a real organization, they simultaneously enable you to significantly reduce the operational cycle and thereby demonstrate to participants what the final results will result in their decisions and actions.
Choosing the best courses for working professionals in the UAE
In the UAE, there are quite a few offers on the market of educational services, from which one can choose. We advise you to pay attention to the Atton Institute. There are both offers for individual training courses, and whole programs for marketers, sales managers, customer service specialists, managers, and HRs.