Career Development Ideas for Employees – How to Become Successful?
In order to succeed in a highly competitive environment, each person has to develop own personal career development strategy. Having developed such a strategy, you can always make the right decisions considering your long-term and short-term goals. One of the career development ideas for employees is that you should not postpone leaving work you do not like and which does not have a potential for career growth.
Planning of career development has always been important, but today in our dynamic world, it is of particular importance, and the very nature of career management has changed dramatically – a career can cover a wide range of jobs, organizations, industries, and professions. In addition to various professional courses for development in the specific areas, now there are training and career development courses that are aimed at helping a person develop a personal development strategy.
What skills are needed for employee career development
In addition to the professional level itself, which is undoubtedly the most important factor of career growth, there are a number of soft skills required. The presence of these soft skills helps specialists to accept changes easily and quickly adapt to new working conditions. Here are the employee development suggestions that can be given to everyone. The most popular soft skills that employers expect to see in potential candidates are as follows:
- communication skills;
- stress resistance;
- active life position.
Accordingly, you can include the training of the above-listed skills in your list of development activities. And here are six main areas in which it is recommended to improve yourself, in order to best meet the above qualities.
- Research – the ability to search and process information, work with large data.
- Creation – produce something new based on the known.
- Rhetoric – express your thoughts, formulate ideas, be clear and convincing.
- Logical thinking – find errors and correct them.
- Organizational – effectively allocate your time.
- Presentation – be flexible, tactful and diplomatic, to have emotional intelligence.
Career development for staff
Regardless of the specifics of each individual strategy, several common stages can be identified.
- Research. Preparing for taking up the position. In order to do this, you must conduct a preliminary study of the necessary skills.
- Joining the organization. A person is ready to choose a job from the given proposals. When making a decision, you need to consider your skills and interests.
- Consolidation of the situation. It occurs when individuals determine their preferred occupation and acquire additional skills in order to be able to move forward further.
- Maintaining. At this stage, the reassessment of goals takes place. People analyze their talents and determine the need to master new skills in order to continue to be of interest to the market.
- Quitting. At this stage, the emphasis is on preparing to leave the organization or retirement.
Consider that career planning is closely related to the definition of the individual life goals, which, in turn, have age specificities.
Career development in the UAE
In any case, you will need to work on yourself for your career growth, and if you want to make a career in the UAE, you should choose optimal courses and training for yourself, for example, the Atton Institute offers its courses both for professional development and training to improve soft skills.