Arranging Staff Development Training – in Search of the Best Option
Why is staff development training so important?
Let’s start form defining what the purpose of training and development of staff is. This is a crucial thing for the success of any company, since as we all know human resources is key. New technologies emerge, as well as new methods, approaches, and equipment. Your employees need a constant education and development – their knowledge and skills have to be topical and up-to-date ensuring effective work of your organization and its competitiveness.
Now we have a lot of solutions to solve the problem of staff training and development. One can find several different staff development training ideas on how to arrange a training. Education can be both online and offline, organized as a course, seminar, webinar or in some other way. So let us take a look at the ways and options to organize staff training and development process.
Training of personnel at a workplace, in a classroom, and remotely
The methods of professional skills development can be divided into three large groups – training directly at a workplace, remote online learning and training outside a workplace (in a classroom). Let us consider these categories in detail:
- Training directly in the workplace includes the following methods:
- Briefing is an explanation and demonstration of operational methods directly at the workplace and can be carried out by both an experienced employee and a specially trained instructor.
- Rotation is a method of self-education, in which an employee moves to another position for a certain period in order to acquire new skills.
- Coaching is known as a traditional method for vocational training for artisans. But it can be successfully used by other specialists, for example, be sales managers, who work alongside the master (experienced specialist), and get professional skills by watching a work of a specialist.
- Online learning as the most modern way of education has two most popular forms:
- Online courses. This form of remote education is similar to classical courses, where, the same material considered, the group's listeners can interact in a certain way with each other and with their teacher, but virtually.
- Webinars. According to the official definition of Wikipedia, a webinar is a kind of web-conference, an online meeting or presentation via the Internet. In fact, this form of training can be considered as a kind of seminar, but without physical presence and contact.
- Training in a classroom:
- Lecture is a traditional way of teaching and probably the best tool for presenting a large volume of educational material in a short time. Although the feedback during a lecture is minimal, this form can still be good in combination with others and for presenting the necessary theoretical material.
- Consideration of practical situations (cases) allows considering in practice the material, presented at a lecture. This method of teaching involves analysis and group discussion of hypothetical or real situations, which can be presented in the form of a description, video, etc.
- Business games are a method of teaching that is closest to the real professional activities of students. The advantage of business games is that, while being a model of a real organization, they simultaneously enable you to significantly reduce the operational cycle and thereby demonstrate to participants what the will be the final results of their decisions and actions.
These are the most widely spread methods of professional training, and typically at staff development training, they combine some of those to get the best result in mastering both theoretical and practical aspects.
Opportunities for professional training in the UAE
In Dubai, the UAE one can find quite a lot of opportunities for professional staff training and development, the list of training programs for employees includes both specialized courses for mastering hard skills and training for developing soft skills. Here you can easily choose a comprehensive solution, for example, from the Atton Institute. The best-advanced teaching methods are applied here; they offer knowledge and skills in areas relevant to the region:
- Management and management;
- Marketing, and advertising;
- Sales techniques;
- Customer service;
- Basics of business communication, etc.