Specifics of the Adult Learning Courses and Adult Training Methods
There is a specific category of students – adults who are independent, as opposed to any attempts of external management and control, self-organized and administratively disciplined. At the same time, they have considerable experience, a certain set of knowledge/tools/skills that they use in their daily practice, as well as a significant social factor of the position held, family obligations and years of habits developed. All these features have to be taken into account when developing teaching adults courses.
The first important question is as follows: "Why do such people require professional training?".
First of all, they want to get a career promotion, or even make a career change, and besides professional level is the most important factor defining the competitiveness of a specialist.
The second most important question is as follows: "What are the requirements of such people in the educational process?". The answer is always the same: They are high. But this is rather an indefinite answer, so we provide some detalization:
- Immediate solution of working tasks, which will be the highest satisfaction rating.
- Career ambitions should be realized as a result of training.
- Mastering a new profession/skill.
- Expertise of a teacher, confirmed by his/her business practice.
- The value of teaching and training adults certificate.
Popular methods used in adult learning courses.
At the adult education courses, as a rule, the focus is made on practical training, since students have a certain background of knowledge and skills in their field and claim only certain practical skills.
- One of the most common forms of training used in adult education is a seminar. At a seminar, we have a joint discussion of a number of issues (one or several), as well as a joint search for ways to solve the problems considered. The main advantage of this approach is the maximum involvement of listeners and short deadlines.
- Training, as well as the seminar, is based on the consideration of practical aspects of a certain issue (issues) and the development of correct practices for solving specific problems. At training, students receive the necessary practical skills and experience of their application.
- Case-study is another form of professional training, in which an experienced specialist (teacher), shares specific experience and considers a certain situation (case) providing some solutions to the considered tasks, typical mistakes, and possible problems. In a word, a certain situation is considered at different angles.
- Role-plays. A very effective way of considering in practice certain moments of work, or subjects, with the maximum involvement of students in the process in specific roles. With this approach, one can see a particular situation from different points of view and understand the motives of different sides.
- Work in groups/pairs. With this approach, in addition to the practical skills and knowledge, the trainees receive minimal skills in teams, training their soft skills (communication, teamwork and interaction, the ability to negotiate, etc.).
- Online courses for teaching adults. Remote training is now represented by numerous online courses and webinars. Because of the complete freedom in choosing the place and time of training, this form is very popular among working professionals.
Typically, these techniques are used in combination to achieve the maximum effect of mastering the material.
Learning courses for adults in Dubai
As for the UAE, there are various courses available, both short-term and long-term (they differ in the amount of material presented). Typically, the most demanded topics include:
- Customer support;
- Professional Development;
One of the best specialists in the areas mentioned above work in the Atton Institute, which offers its adult learning solutions in Dubai.
So it is definitely a worthy investment to choose learning courses for adults.