For the manager of any company, the most important aspect remains the technical and professional part of the work. When these features are complemented by other responsibilities, such as working on professional development, it can harm the main work of the manager. At the same time, the executives of the company in UAE or other country must always encourage the professional growth and development of the personnel. The importance of this work is due to the following factors:
- Working with human resources is a way to positively influence, develop and support personnel.
- Often, most of the complications are reduced to the so-called "human factor". If you analyze the existing problems, you may find out that they are associated with low quality of communication, lack of skills and knowledge, negligent attitudes towards functional responsibilities, etc. Proper and timely work on professional personnel development can solve many problems arising during interaction with customers.
- Experts note the minimal effectiveness of training programs that interrupt work. That is why it is important to ensure some parallels between the ongoing work of personnel and the learning process. If the methods and ideas recommended during training contradict the company's strategy, employees may experience discomfort and frustration when applying them.
- The company's success provides a special atmosphere, contributing to professional growth and personnel development. Along with formal training programs, informal learning formats also should be used. Only in this way will you provide your personnel the ability to correlate the learning process and labor efficiency.
Despite the fact that the need for training is dictated by economic feasibility, many UAE companies opt not to spend extra time and money on it.
It is important to bear in mind that your personnel is the most costly and valuable resource for the company. The efficiency of your business system is determined not by what the management does, but by what your employees are doing. In turn, productivity and efficiency depend on your ability to push your team to productive and conscientious work.
As for labor productivity, experts have identified two main areas, in particular:
- The extension of the range of capabilities of personnel;
- Stimulating the wish to work more efficiently and productively.
Thus, courses and professional development is not only the best way to extend functional characteristics, but also the best way to increase your UAE team motivation.
Working on personnel development requires a certain time investment, but simultaneously contributes to the improvement of employee performance, as well as the quality of services and goods. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention to training.
Personnel development & professional growth in the UAE - benefits for the company
The benefits of personnel development are obvious and contribute to increasing efficiency in the following areas:
- Competent personnel selection and assignment – the prospect of professional development and additional education attracts the best specialists in the industry. Since a trained personnel is satisfied with the result of its work and has opportunities for self-improvement, personnel rotation is greatly reduced.
- Introduction of innovative production systems and technologies – the activities of many companies include a wide range of industrial and technological capabilities. At the same time, the absence of qualified personnel restricts such capabilities. The shortest way to introducing new technologies in production is training in the workplace;
- Quality of services and goods – proper and timely training certainly affects the quality of products or services. Moreover, a skilled employee has a better chance of overcoming customers' objections and building long-term and profitable relationships with clients.
- Identification of management abilities amongst employees – during training and personnel development, you will be able to identify the most talented employees and further utilize their existing skills;
- Company's ability to respond more effectively and promptly to changes – personnel who have received training and professional development respond faster and more effectively to possible changes (e.g., change of consumer needs, etc.).
Personnel development - benefits for management
The direct participation of the management in the professional development of personnel provides the following benefits:
- The effectiveness of current work – if the company's management is focused on personnel training, this means that your employees will learn from their mistakes and reduce them to a minimum. If management or experts teach the personnel how to work or act in any given situation, it will provide personnel with new skills and knowledge. As a result, the range of functional responsibilities of employees can be significantly expanded without additional time spent.
- Working capacity of the personnel – the value of qualified employees cannot be seen immediately. It increases with time, during the accumulation of professional know-how and skills. Persistently and systematically working on professional skills will protect your company from stagnation; you will always meet the requirements of the modern market. In turn, the development and growth of your employees’ capabilities guarantees independence from external consultants and other divisions of the company.
- Career prospects – by teaching personnel and expanding its functionality, you will save a lot of time and effort for expanding the range of your responsibilities.
Personnel development & growth - benefits for the personnel
With regard to the activity of personnel, professional development provides the following benefits:
- Employment guarantee for the employee – an employee undergoing continuous training and possessing a variety of skills is always in demand because of his ability to quickly adapt to current changes in the industry. The value that an employee has for the company is directly proportional to the development of his work skills.
- Unlimited working potential – if your employees are willing to develop their own work skills, they can take on additional functions and responsibilities. These employees have a greater chance of quick promotions and career growth.
- Stress reduction – proper training which meets all the requirements can minimize the stress threshold of the personnel. Accordingly, it increases their ability to respond adequately to changes in their working situation and to work under difficult conditions.
- Job satisfaction and extra motivation – an employee systematically undergoing professional development feel that the management cares about him, and this inevitably is reflected in his job satisfaction and contributes to his motivation.
In order to obtain the greatest advantage from the process of training, experts recommend using the services of specialized training and education companies in the UAE. Such companies are armed with the most advanced teaching methods and educational materials. By involving qualified business education specialists, you will provide personnel in the UAE with not only excellent theoretical trainings but also with the ability to apply this knowledge in practice.