How to organize staff training and staffing plan? In order to hold everything correctly, it is necessary to consider step by step, all the key points that are important in the process of personnel training; by following this simple sequence, you will be able to achieve optimal results. Here is an order of actions that will help you create a new staff training plan:
Staff training and development plan
- Step 1. Determine the purpose of the study, what exactly are you looking for. What is the goal of this process? Whether this is an increase in employee motivation or an increase in productivity and quality of work, or the training of employees to change the direction of their activities. All further staff training and development plan depend on this first step.
- Step 2. Choose and approve the training format. The format and type of staff training determine the cost, efficiency, and speed of the whole process. You can choose distant learning or training with direct contact with an instructor; you have to decide based on the convenience and specifics of your organization.
- Step 3. Choose a training course. If your company does not have its educational and training centers where training programs are developed (most often it is the case), you should contact the specialized companies that are professionally engaged in the development of this product. To select the company that can provide you with the desired product, you can estimate all the available materials, from specialized articles to advertising brochures, as well as feedback from previous customers. In addition, you can ask them to send you an offer with services. All of this will help to assess the effectiveness of future training, its cost and the appropriateness of a particular decision and proceed to the next step staff training and development plan.
- Step 4. The process of employee training. At this step, you have to approve the schedule, the program and those who will be involved in the process. Typically training organizations can provide a sample program. A manager and HR manager must control the compliance of the plan and its implementation and draw up a protocol of personnel training according to the results of its application.
- Step 5. Assessment of the material studied – analyze the results and summarize. In order to determine how useful and effective the carried-out activities are, you have to check the knowledge gained. It is best to use a comprehensive assessment – the level of employee satisfaction, the degree of innovation, and the effectiveness of problem-solving. So, an employer stimulates the employees to further professional development.
The staff training plan presented above is rather a sketch plan, but it gives a general idea of how to adjust the process of professional training in a company.