Continuous education seems to be one of the key competences of nowadays. If we try to imagine the world of the future to come for us ahead, it’ll probably look ambiguous. But one thing is known for sure – continuous professional education will become the increasingly important skill. Business is changing and evolving all around the globe. Implementation of technologies allowed removing barriers and limitations for numerous new companies. The majority of the processes have become transparent, which leads to the upsurge of efficiency and performance.
The introduction of knowledge and technology is beyond any doubt one of the main drivers of all changes that take place in different areas of Dubai business. Understanding the changes that take place all around the world is crucial for business education. As for the current situation in the business environment of the UAE and the world, here is the list of most common features of these changes:
- Tough competition – removing barriers leads to the growing competition in the UAE, and around the world; even businesses are serving certain niches are now becoming engaged in competition on a global scale.
- Rapid technological obsolescence – the life cycles of goods and services get shorter; new ways of supplying goods and services appear, as a result, goods, services, and skills may become obsolete very fast.
- Unpredictability – it influences the precision of planning negatively; this leads to the absence of stability in the business environment and makes strategic planning much more complicated.
Competencies are to be updated regularly – the answer is the continuous education
Competences that are regarded essential in traditional sense do no longer work under current circumstances. Continuous professional education and business education, in general, play the key role in the modern world. Evolution of processes has the huge impact on business. Changes and modifications in the business environment of the UAE and the world are taking place on the regular basis.
This means that traditional competences gradually lose or have already lost their significance. Changes are the standard of nowadays. In fact, methods developed in the past can now become an obstacle to increasing efficiency. The truth is that Dubai companies no longer require access to particularly qualified talents. They are interested in access to versatile talents and professionals who are into continuous education. Continuous professional education seems to be the only relevant competence of personnel nowadays.
Our rapidly evolving world requires knowledge, skills and tools to change really fast. Rather than relying on your past experience, training and education, employees should look for new ways and trends as well as means of using technology.
The main competence of today which can truly help to overcome obsolescence is the ability to constantly learn and apply knowledge. This ability is called continuous education. The competence of continuous professional education is the foundation of success. It underlies the prosperity of such companies as Google and Apple and many other corporations. What characteristics comprise continuous professional education?
- continuous education differs from traditional methods used by organizations in the UAE and around the world. Why? Because there is no end point in continuous professional education, it never stops.
- application of the newest technologies – continuous education implies using the newest knowledge. Self-development is crucial for business education. Employees achieve this goal through various courses and trainings.
- practical application of what has been learned – knowledge has to be sought for continuously, but most importantly it has to be applied in practice. This opens new opportunities and paves the way for changes in the future.
- dynamism – successful students realize that the knowledge they’ve gained earlier has lost its significance; those ones who are into continuous education are ready to apply new knowledge in practice and do it fast.
It is important to acknowledge that existing knowledge and experience may become completely obsolete and each of us you have to move forward and update the skills. If you intend to succeed in a world of innovation, you have to be aware of the fact that information obtained in the past is losing its value. This can become the real hindrance for a UAE company if you keep relying on it. Look towards business education and rely on continuous professional education. This will help you to stay in demand and motivate you and your team to constantly learn. If you want to help your company to achieve success in our rapidly evolving world, remember that continuous education and business education should remain one of your main priorities.