Personnel training implies a purposeful, organized, systematically carried out process of mastering knowledge and skills under the guidance of experienced teachers. The aim of staff training is to use the employee’s skills and motivation in the best possible way.
It is more effective and economical for a UAE company to improve the skills and knowledge of already existing employees rather than hire new ones. The objectives of personnel training are different from the perspective of an employer and employees.
For an employer these objectives include:
- Increasing efficiency of the employees and company in general;
- Mastering the ability to identify, understand and solve problems;
- Staff integration;
- Introducing innovation.
The role of the UAE personnel education enables employers to do the following:
- Introduce new equipment and brand-new technologies;
- Increase communication opportunities;
- It enables countries with a modern system of engineering and personnel education programs to become leaders in the market;
- Continuous and rapid changes regarding technology and informatics require continuous staff training;
Objectives of personnel education from the perspective of an employee include:
- Acquiring professional knowledge about suppliers and consumers of the products;
- Maintaining professional development at the appropriate level;
- Acquiring professional knowledge outside the professional area;
- Developing abilities in the field of planning and production organization.
Types of Staff Training
What types of personnel training can be offered in the UAE to an employee? There are three main types of personnel training:
- Advanced staff training;
- Retraining of Personnel.
The concept of training focused on an individual is aimed at the development of human qualities inherent in human nature or acquired. This concept refers to people who are inclined to scientific research and possess the talent of a leader, teacher, etc.
Retraining of Personnel also implies mastering new knowledge, skills and communication methods.
The concept of multidisciplinary training is effective from the economic point of view, as it increases the in-production and non-production mobility of an employee. The concept of specialized training is directed towards the near future. Staff education in the UAE remains effective for certain period and contributes to the safeguarding of the workplace. It also enhances the self-esteem of the employees.
A set of qualities that can be acquired by a professional during personnel education include:
- Knowledge – obtaining theoretical, methodological and practical knowledge necessary for an employee to perform duties in the workplace;
- Skills – the ability to perform duties assigned to an employee in a specific workplace and ability to apply acquired knowledge;
- Modes of communication and behavior – a set of actions of an individual during communication with the surrounding reality, developing behavior that meets the requirements of the workplace, social relations, communication skills.
As it has already been mentioned above, personnel training in the UAE is systematic and organized training of qualified staff in all areas of human activity. Professionals who undergo staff education have to possess a set of special knowledge and skills. It is aimed at improving knowledge and communication skills related to the growth of requirements in a certain field.
A staff training plays very important role and is very effective. The costs associated with personnel education are lower than organizational costs aimed at increasing labor productivity. However, personnel training can entail certain difficulties. Its costs can be reduced if they are accurately calculated beforehand.
Personnel education affects important factors of social effectiveness. The increase of professional skills guarantees job preservation and provides opportunities for promotion, the expansion of the external labor market and the size of the organization’s income.
Staff education is necessary. Its importance can hardly be underestimated. It is a significant element of personnel policy. It is vital to understand the multilateral influence of UAE staff training and to organize a unified personnel management system.