Are you working in marketing as CSR in the UAE and constantly looking for the ways to improve your professional skills? If you want to become a good customer service representative, there are a few basic things you have to know about this job.
First of all, various people mistakenly think that the primary factor that makes Customer Service Representative prosper and succeed in this career is good soft skills. Beyond any doubt, they are vital. However, some traits of your character can turn out to be much more important.
Let us discuss these CSR essentials in more detail.
- Always stay patient. Patience is a crucial trait, and it needs to be cultivated. Interaction with angry clients is inevitable – you will come across them at a certain time of your career. Communication with them is annoying and tiresome. Angry customers are often nervous and bad-tempered. Therefore, patience is what CSR need to protect yourself from overreacting to things that happen to you when you are working. Do yoga exercises; take long deep breaths whenever you are irritated. You have to look composed and focus primarily on the responses an angry customer would like to get the form you. Never say the first thing that comes to your mind – in this case, it might result in trouble.
- Do not take things personally. Please remember that an angry client never has anything against you personally. They are unhappy with the services provided. This is what makes them feel disappointed. Listen to the customer; rephrase what they are complaining about. This conversation has to give a client a sense that they are heard. For client satisfaction, Customer Service Representative has to understand the essence of the problem and then offer a solution or a way out. Customer support representatives have to know human psychology. This means that CSR has to imagine himself/herself in this person’s shoes. It will positively impact the interaction with your customers.
- Be sympathetic. To develop empathy, CSR in Dubai or any other place has to learn how to understand people who are different from you. Thinking about what motivates, irritates and stimulates people will help you to be a successful CSR. Motives of other people’s behavior might seem illogical to you. However, with time you will get used to the fact that motives behind our behavior can greatly differ. Some clients are quick to deal with. With others, it will require more time. People want to be listened to. Sometimes they simply need a conversation.
- Listen actively. It is highly important for customer service representatives who constantly deal with customer support. Listening will help you to understand what the problem is. Listening is a key to empathy and understanding. If you have actively listened to a client with a complaint, you will be ready to offer solutions. If you feel that you need this, ask more questions, restate what you’ve heard and ask to specify or explain. Information is essential here. Knowing more will facilitate your job which is to address the customer’s discomfort points in this case.
- Know the range of your products. You have to know perfectly what products and services you’re offering. Customer Service Representative in UAE has to be able to answer questions concerning them, talk about their strengths and weaknesses. The more you improve your skills and knowledge as a customer sales representative, the easier it will be for you to help your customers.
Our final advice is to be quick. CSRs in the UAE have to think fast and take decisions offering efficient solutions to consumers fast. Customer satisfaction is the key to success, so as Customer Service Representative you have to do your best to provide customers with the best client experience.
For further details please visit the respective section on our page on professional development courses.