Personnel training is one of the most important components of HR work in a company, without it the entire personnel management system is ineffective, since, without constant growth and development of employees, their work quickly becomes ineffective. In order to make any decision, you need to estimate the pros and cons, so when choosing a corporate training solution, you should consider the advantages and disadvantages of staff training.
Staff training advantages and disadvantages
First, let's look at the benefits of staff training. They can be briefly formulated as follows:
- Staff training improves general work productivity.
- Training of staff provides excellent motivation for work.
- Improvement of teamwork and elimination of potential conflicts in a team.
- Staff training improves the image of a company, in comparison with competitors, both in terms of work efficiency and in terms of attractiveness for customers and partners.
- Staff training allows you to enhance the necessary skills and abilities, will help in personal and career growth.
- It forms the skills and knowledge necessary to solve the specific tasks of the company. That is, you can get a specialist with the required skills by training those who are already working in the company.
Of course, there are some disadvantages to staff training, which can be characterized as follows:
- Costs for the development, implementation, and conducting of practice, as well as other related expenses, such as the introduction of new technologies, as a result of training.
- At the time of the training, the company's specialists will not be engaged in their direct duties, which will affect the overall performance of the work during the training.
Of course, when making your decision regarding the introduction of staff training strategy, you must be guided first of all by economic expediency; the value of the potential benefits from the introduction of training should exceed the amount of investments, but you should not forget about psychological aspects, reputation, and other things that are difficult to measure in terms of money. As world experience shows, the investment spent on training employees is the most productive investment available, so do not stand aside, start acting right now.